13 Free Date Night Ideas
There’s more to date night than food, you know (Gasp!). Date nights are the perfect opportunity to learn more about each other, create memories and most importantly — to have fun! Going on dates doesn’t have to cost a fortune either. From hiking to game night — we’ve dug up the best ways to spend precious time with your significant other for free! What would you add to our list? XO
- Explore: Pick a neighborhood you both have never visited, and explore the area. Scope out bakeries, boutiques & local bars for the next time you visit
- Trivia Night: A lot of cities host game-nights at local bars, and they’re all free. Surprise your date with that knowledge (or, if you’re anything like me — you can laugh at yourself for knowing 2/10 answers!)
- Movies in the Park: Summertime is coming, so make sure to check-out the ‘movies in the park’ schedule in your community. (If you don’t have one nearby, it’s definitely worth the drive) They are usually classic movies that are on a jumbo screen. Just make sure to pack a bottle of wine, with plenty of snacks! Yum!
- Local Brewery: There are numerous breweries that offer free tours, with samples included! It’s both educational, and delicious.
- Cook Off: Have date-night in. Here’s the catch — you both cook for one another! Whip up that specialty. The only rule is you have to use what you already have in your refrigerator and pantry.
- Life is a Beach: Enjoy a beach day/night together — free, and relaxing.
- Picnic: What’s better than gorgeous weather, nature and delicious food? Grab that picnic basket and blanket and head to your local park. Kick off your shoes, and enjoy each other’s company.
- Breakfast in Bed: Happy weekend to you! Cook up some breakfast for one another, but make sure to eat it in bed! That’s the best part! Oh, and make sure to take another snooze post meal.
- Go to the Zoo: Chicago has a free zoo in Lincoln Park, and it’s one of my favorite activities! It’s always fun to walk around, and laugh at the animals together. (The monkeys never fail to make me laugh!)
- Take a Hike: Well, if you live in Chicago — kind of hard to do! But, you can still go for a walk, and explore new areas together. I’m an avid fan of evening walks, it settles me down from the crazy day and gives my boyfriend and I a chance to unwind together. It’s also a great start to the weekend.
- Museum: How often do you take advantage of nearby museums? If you’re anything like me, not much. The Art Institute of Chicago recently got an Andy Warhol donation! I cannot wait to go check it out! (Note: museums usually have free days/evenings — check the website for information)
- Visit PickYourOwn.org to find a ‘pick-your-own’ farm near you: Pick fruits, veggies, flowers and more — don’t forget to create a delicious meal to follow!
- Binge on Netflix: Yup, sometimes it’s okay to take a weekend to binge watch your favorite show. Recently, on my list? Parenthood. It honestly sparked conversation between the two of us, and got us chatting future/family.