Kick Your Morning Off Right
Love it or hate it, mornings are here to stay! Did you know — morning people have been found to be more proactive, and more productive? In fact, early rising is a common trait found in the most successful people. I’ve compiled a list of some tips and tricks to a happier, healthier you! Let’s start the day sunny side up, shall we?
1. Drink lemon water: Lemon water activates the digestion, and improves metabolism. Tip: Keep a full glass bed-side, and reach for it first thing in the morning. Yum!
2. Get up earlier: Waking up earlier is proven to boost your mood, decrease stress, and increase productivity. Tip: Wake up 20 minutes earlier (that’s it!)
3. Workout: A light workout will get your body energized, relaxed and fully alert. It’s a great stress-reliever, too! Even if it’s just 5 minutes, your body will appreciate.
4. Write it down: Write down 3 things you’re grateful for each day. It’s a great exercise to positive thinking!
5. Eat breakfast: Your brain needs food, too! Eat something healthy (yogurt, oatmeal, fruits) to keep your mind/body alert throughout the day.
6. Listen to music: Turn the TV off, and listen to some mood-boosting tunes. It’s proven to eliminate anxiety, and fears. (Keeps you in the present moment, super important!)
7. Detach: I know this one may be impossible for some, but detaching from technology (e-mail, social media, etc) before work de-clutters the mind.
8. Make your lunch: Pack some healthy favorites, and save that cash for an afternoon-latte! Those lunch-lines are no joke!
How do you start your day? Share below!