The Ideal Valentine’s Day Treat
This is recipe may look complex but it’s beyond simple to create. Using just mini candy canes & white chocolate (ok & a touch of sprinkles for some added glamour) you can create these delicious pops in under 5 minutes!
Of course, you’ll have to let them dry completely (either 24 hours room temperature or recommended 4 hours in the freezer) but they’ll only take a few minutes out of your day & can be a super fun activity to create with friends & family.
These heart shaped candy cane lollipops are the ideal Valentine’s Day treat especially if you have tons of people to gift: classmates, co-workers, friends, etc. For roughly 36 pops all you need is a box of mini candy canes, 1 large bag of white chocolate, sprinkles, & lollipop sticks. Depending on where you purchase your ingredients, it shouldn’t cost you more than $20.
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- 1 package mini candy canes
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place two candy canes in heart shape on parchment paper.
- In microwavable safe mixing bowl, melt white chocolate for 30 seconds. Stir & repeat another 30 seconds until melted.
- Dip top end of the lollipop stick (just the top 4 cm) in white chocolate. Place in between the bottom point of the two candy canes. Repeat until all candy canes have a stick in them.
- Spoon extra white chocolate in between the two candy canes. Make sure they are filled with chocolate up until the top of candy canes (be cautious also so that the chocolate does not drip over).
- Sprinkle desired sprinkles on top of chocolate. Set aside for 24 hours or place in freezer for 4 hours.
- Serve & enjoy!
Caitlin is the founder of Chicago based lifestyle web publication Public Lives, Secret Recipes which specializes in recipe development, DIY tutorials, fashion posts, & much more. Aside from the blog, Caitlin is the founder of Krispops, a rice krispie cake pop company, that you can order online! Be sure to shop Krispops here & follow PLSR on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, & Pinterest!