Versatile Fresh Faced Look
Hi everyone! A few weeks ago I was lucky to see a lot of my clients as they were in and out of NYC for fashion shows and events for New York Fashion Week. I do makeup for attendees every season, and one thing is always consistent — most of the ladies attending are going to multiple shows a day and want a versatile fresh faced look that will last ALL DAY. I created just that for Charlotte Bickley and wanted to share the breakdown with all of you!
- Skin prep is key in a long-wear look, especially a fresh faced “barely there” makeup. I used Bioderma Micellar Water and Koh Gen Do Cotton Pads to get rid of any residue.
- I followed by hydrating her skin. NYC is super cold this time of year and the apartment situation is recycling dry heat, so most of us need lots of hydration. I applied the Kate Somerville Quench Serum and followed with a rich moisturizer, the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream to the areas I wanted extra dewy.
- Next, I used the Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Eye Cream all around the eyes and Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment.
- I started with the eyes to let the skin prep set into the skin. Ultimately I find with a fresh faced look, if you massage the skincare in and it looks a bit red, it settles down in a few minutes so you will need less face makeup. On the eyes I applied the Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Concealer to even out skin tone, and set it with the Secret Brightening Powder and a fluffy brush.
- I followed by using the Mahé Eyeshadow Quad palette by Nars. The colors are soft and add contour to the eye without too much of a specific color.
- I used Nars Via Veneto Eyeliner only on the top lash line and a small domed brush to buff it out. I followed by curling the lashes with a Shu Uemura Lash Curler and applied Ardell Individual Lashes in Short. I completed the eyes by using Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara only on the top lashes.
- Now that the skin is moisturized and absorbed into the skin, I start by applying the Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation and Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Concealer where need be. I set the makeup with the Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Finish Powder in shade 2 in the T zone.
- To add a bit of depth, I bronzed the cheeks and forehead with the Laura Mercier Baked Bronzer in Shade 02 and added the Blush Color Infusion in CHAI and PEACH to the apples of her cheeks.
- We completed the look by using theCharlotte Tilbury Legendary Brow Gel in Super Model and Bobbi Brown Crushed Liquid Lipstick in shade “Give A Fig” .
- To make sure the skin looked fresh and dewy, I misted the skin with the Fresh Vitamin Nectar Glow Water .