Two weeks ago I had the privilege of working with Hello Giggles and Gabi Moskowitz for a fun cooking demo. I am not the best chef, but I am one heck of a sous chef! Together, we prepared this amazing and refreshing summer pizza! I know it’s not your typical ingredients — no pizza dough, no tomato sauce — but I promise you it’s delicious and something different to try!
Prep Time: 20 Minutes Serving Size: Serves 4
- 1/2 medium seedless watermelon (7-8 inches in diameter, end removed), sliced into four 1 1/2-thick rounds.
- 1/6 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces creamy Greek, French, or Bulgarian feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cut each watermelon round into 6 triangular pieces, as if cutting a pizza.
- Arrange the slices in a circle on 4 dinner plates, so it looks like you have 4 pink pizzas)
- Top each “pizza” with the red onions, making sure to get some on each slice.
- Scatter the feta over each pizza, make sure it is distributed evenly to each slice.
- Do the same with the mint, scattering it over the slices, making sure there is at least one leave on each slive.
- Drizzle the “pizzas” with the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Top with cracked black pepper and the tiniest sprinkle of salt (the feta is quite salty, so it only needs the tiniest touch of salt.)
- Serve immediately!
For more delicious recipes from Gabi check out her website BrokeAss Gourmet!