Last week I went to the VMAs! It was so crazy, wild and fun! AND I felt SOOOOO good. Seriously, I had not felt like myself in a long time and I felt so confident.
Sometimes you need to look good just for yourself. In my case, it gave me such confidence to hit the red carpet! Below you will find a breakdown of my glam by Taylor Fitzgerald and Rosibel Argueta. Shout out to the Elkin girls, Brit & Kara for my incredible outfit!
Makeup by Taylor Fitzgerald
For Whitney’s VMAs look, we were going for a really effortless, 1990s supermodel/Kate Moss inspired look. Not too much makeup at all to pair with her loose waves and let the little black dress do the talking. It was all about a fresh face so I focused a lot on SKIN!
- I started with prepping Whitney’s skin with the Kate Somerville Quench Serum all over, then adding an additional layer of hydration with the Volition Beauty Celery Green Cream on the face, neck, chest, and ears. I also used the Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Eye Creme under the eyes and the Fresh Spice Tinted Lip Treatment to hydrate, but also used as part of her lip color for the rest of the night.
- I used the La Mer Soft Fluid Foundation around the perimeter of her face with a deeper tone to give dimension, and a bit of a lighter tone towards the center to help conceal and brighten!
- I set the foundation with the Laura Mercier Loose Translucent Setting Powder only in the T-zone and chin to mattify where we didn’t want too much shine.
- I added a light flush of peachy color to the cheeks with the Glossier cloud paint in Beam.
- I then added an extra dimension of blush on top with the Laura Mercier blush in shade Ginger while contouring the skin with the Dior Backstage Contour Palette using the lighter tones on her cheekbones, forehead, and jawline.
- I first used Bioderma to clean any excess oils off the lid, as they were going to be bare with the exception of the liner. Then I created a buffed out flick liner using the Marc Jacobs highliner gel crayon in ro(cocoa) by using the pencil directly and using an angled brush to get the precise shape. I also kept q-tips handy to clean up the edges! The trick was to build up the shape rather then try to get it all on one try, and these eyeliners stay put really well so blending on a bare lid gives a lot more room to play!
- I applied the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara to the top lashes and a few Ardell Short Black Individual lashes on the ends to add depth to the flick and the lash line.
- I used the Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Brow Gel in Linda to enhance Whitney’s already perfect brows and add color and shape to any baby hairs that need it! I wanted to make sure they stayed gelled upward with the Anastasia Clear Brow Gel on top of that.
- I used the Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Hot Gossip all over the lip to pair with the Fresh lip tint to give a cool 90s vibe lip and refreshed the skin with the Fresh Vitamin Nectar Face Mist to keep her looking dewy all night!
Hair by Rosibel Argueta
For this look, I was inspired by 90s Kate Moss!!
- prep hair by spraying Christophe Robin volumizing spray at the root and R+Co blow out cream mid-shaft to ends
- blow out with GHD blow dryer using velcro rollers to set each section for volume
- add Hidden Crown extensions for fullness & using a large 1.25” GHD curling iron– half wrap each section using back and forth movements to create a soft natural wave, use R+Co setting spray after each section
- use IGK volumizing powder spray on the roots for the extra lift at the crown while massaging it in a little leaving the face framing hair alone
- take a little Leonor Greyel styling creme for desperation on ends and shine, remember this look is meant to look very 90s so a little frizz is fine! Finish by using a flexible hold spray from R+Co to bring down some of the fly aways.