Last week, I was in New York City for a press day for this amazing brand of probiotic and kombucha drinks, KeVita! If you guys haven’t checked them out yet then you totally should! ANYWHOOO…I spent all day doing press for them and loved my look for it so I thought I would share the HOW-TO with you!
Taylor Fitzgerald and Rosibel Argueta, my NYC glam girls, nailed it with my makeup and hair, while Brit and Kara Elkin styled this amazing SEA jumpsuit that I didn’t want to take off. Below are beauty breakdowns from Taylor and Rosibel! I hope you have so much fun recreating!! Tag me if you do! Make sure to follow them on instagram for more tips and tricks. They are SO talented and amazing.
Makeup by Taylor Fitzgerald
For Whitney’s press day with Kevita, she was wearing a warm palette and mixing prints for her outfit (obsessed). She also had a little red purse that gave a pop and I wanted to incorporate that into the makeup! We concluded with a warm gold toned eye with a red-dy, berry lip tint look.
- I started with prepping Whitney’s skin with the Kate Somerville Quench Serum. For an additional layer of hydration, I applied the Volition Beauty Celery Green Cream on the face and the Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Eye Creme under the eyes. On her lips I used the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Punch to hydrate, but it also provided as a base of color for the rest of the lip look.
- I used the It Cosmetics CC cream all over the face for a light coverage. I added some dimension with a bit of the La Mer Soft Fluid Foundation on the forehead and cheekbones in a deeper tone as well.
- I set the foundation with the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder only in the T-zone and chin to mattify where we didn’t want too much shine.
- I added Glossier Cloud Paint in Dusk, which is almost a contour-y color for Whitney to the cheeks and tapped it in with my fingers for a light bit of dimension. On the apples of the cheeks I added the Laura Mercier Blush in Peach for a pretty pop!
- I then added an extra dimension and set the CC cream with the Dior Backstage Contour Palette using the lighter tones on her cheekbones, forehead, and jawline. To add highlight, I pressed on a tiny bit of the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal.
- I used a flat brush to press on the Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerize in Jean, a pearly gold color to Whitney’s lids and buffed them out with a clean fluffy brush. I love The One palette by Lawless and theres a copper-y gold color in there, CRUSHING that i used to set the cream shadow with the same fluffy brush. I also applied it lightly on the lower lashline.
- I also added the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara to the top lashes and full layer of Ardell Individual Short Lashes in Black to add depth to the lash line.
- I used the Kevyn Aucoin Precision Brow Pencil to enhance Whitney’s beautiful brows and I gelled them upward with the Anastasia Clear Brow Gel.
- I finished the look with the ilia beauty lipstick in Grenadine, but used a fluffy brush to give it a tint effect on the lips and refreshed the skin with the Fresh Vitamin Nectar Face Mist to keep her looking dewy!
Hair by Rosibel Argueta
- Prep hair using Christopher Robin Paris volumizing spray
- Blow dray hair using GHD blow dryer/roll each section into a pin curl after blow drying and let set
- Add Hidden Crown hair extensions for fullness and hold
- Using GHD 1.25″ curling iron, tuck in the ends while keeping top flat
- Use Nature Lab Tokyo oil for shine and smoothness
- Finish with R+Co outer space spray for hold