I love cooking. I love Jo. I love cooking with Jo! Here is a new recipe from her that is easy and something the entire fam can enjoy. Drumsticks!
This is a great one to keep on hand right now, as it doesn’t take many ingredients and you may already have most of them. Below you will find a full breakdown! PLUS visit my IGTV to see Jo being wonderfully crazy and showing you how it’s done.
Stay safe. Stay home. I hope Jo brings some light to your day.
- Chicken drumsticks
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Alternative: combine 1 tsp of dried oregano, thyme, rosemary, basil and sage
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup of olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 1 garlic clove
- Alternative: garlic powder or granulated garlic
- 2 tsp of salt
- Fresh pepper
- 1 tsp of parsley
- Prepare marinade
- Take out a large bowl
- Pour in olive oil
- Add juiced lemon
- Add minced garlic (if you have a garlic press, you can use that!)
- Add Italian seasoning
- Add salt
- Add some fresh pepper
- Add parsley
- Throw drumsticks in the bowl. Make sure they are all covered in the marinade.
- Cover the bowl and put in the refrigerator to marinate
- At least 30 minutes
- 1 hour is ideal
- Can marinate overnight!
- Pull out a baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- After chicken has finished marinating, put on baking sheet skin side up so they get nice and crispy
- Option: Brush extra marinade on chicken
- Cook for 40 minutes
- Check if the chicken is fully cooked with a meat thermometer. Internal temp needs to be 165 degrees.
- Bon appetit!!!
- Roasted sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt, and rosemary (throw in the oven with chicken after 15 minutes)
- For kids!
- Avocado cucumber salad with olive oil, salt, and lemon
- For parents!
- Salad with avocado and radish