I had the honor and privilege of shooting with CLEO Magazine for their last issue in Australia!
A good beach wave can make any kind of hair look effortlessly cute in a snap, but sometimes it’s nice to pull back your strands during the day or night to create a new style on the fly.
I recently had the pleasure of spending the day with my favorite natural beauty. As you can see, it was all about simple, pretty makeup. We concentrated on her already glowing skin and soft pink tones for a fresh and sophisticated look.
Here is a quick rundown:
- I prepped Whitney’s Skin with a serum, moisturizer and primer.
- Then I applied a shadow base to her lids and lined with a brown pencil smudging it upward. Next I pressed a light taupe onto the lid and a soft gold at the lash line. Lined again with the brown pencil and finished with a few coats of black mascara and short individual lashes. We left the bottom lash line completely clean.
- Foundation was easy because her skin is in great shape. I blended a light layer from the T zone outward with a damp beauty blender. Concealed only where it was needed which was mainly around the nose and under the eyes. Finished with a light dusting of powder concentrating again in the T zone since she was doing on camera interviews.
- I applied cream blush to her apples and set with a powder blush. I love mixing a matte pink blush with a shimmery peach over a cream. It lasts so much longer than just a powder blush and you can customize the color.
- I then Bronzed, contoured and highlighted just enough to add the perfect amount of glow and filled in Whitney’s amazing brows with a pencil then powder to create a soft and finished look.
- Last, I used three glosses over the course of the day mixing them to create the desired tone. A peach and two different pinks. No liner was used, I wanted it to look effortless and natural.
Here is a complete list of products:
Murad Intensive Age-Diffusing Serum
Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentre
Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion for Lips
Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow
Koh Gen Do Moisture Foundation
Dior Skin Nude Concealer
Cle De Peau Concealer
W3ll People Realist X Mineral Powder
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
Kevyn Aucoin Contour Palette
Hourglass Ambient Light Palette
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer
Cailyn Line Fix Gel Pen in Chocolate
Le Metier de Beaute Mascara
Nars Brow perfector in Salzbourg
Anastasia Brow Pro Palette in Golden Blonde and Taupe
Narsissist Eye Shadow Palette
Nars Odalisque Gloss
Armani gloss in Pink 502
Mac gloss in Cultured
Growing up my mom has always been a fan of the half up half down style on my sisters and I! I found this awesome hair clip to give my old school look a modern update.
This was a fun and simple look. We kept the skin clean which was easy because Whitney’s skin is in amazing condition. She has been really into shimmer free eyes and glowing skin.
Now that I’ve shared my morning beauty routine, it’s time to give you the rundown on my evening routine. It’s a bit of a process, but well worth it!
Doing a “cat eye” or ” winged eye liner” on yourself can be quite challenging… Below I have listed the 4 simple steps on how to do this.
A Note About the Author: Nicole Hirschman is a Los Angeles-based esthetician. Nicole specializes in highly customized facials as well as assisting Whitney and her other clients to achieve their long-term skincare goals. She is known for her deep cleaning, rejuvenation/anti-aging tactics and combing the newest technology and treatments to beautify the skin. Follow her on instagram – @nhskincare
Whether you are going to a fancy event, out to dinner, or staying in with friends this look is easy and will look amazing in any setting.
The Holidays are a great time to experiment with really fun and different hairstyles for various parties and family gatherings. If your look is going to be a little more formal or dressy (think the perfect dress on New Year’s Eve) try something different and put your hair up!