I am Taylor Fitzgerald, Makeup Artist from NYC. All over Instagram you see hyper-glowy and bronzed skin and all over the comments you’ll see “what products did you use?!” I’d love to share with you how you too can get super luminous skin like I did for this beauty, Kate Olthoff.
- Glowy skin always starts with how you prep it. I primed Kate’s skin with the Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Eye Cream and Moisturizer. I love this line because it suits a variety of skin textures and boosts the skin’s hydration! Next I prepped the skin with the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment. I like to put a nice dose of lip balm on while priming because it gives a chance for it to absorb.
- Next, I applied the Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer to even skin tone and add a pearliness to the face, followed by the Flawless Fusion Concealer where I wanted to achieve a bit more coverage. Before setting the skin, I wanted to add an additional bit of highlight to the high points of the face (think bridge of nose, brow bones, cupids bow, and cheekbones). I used a small fluffy brush to apply the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone to those areas, and tapped it in with my ring finger to make sure there were no strokes left behind.
- I set the skin applying the Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder on the center of the forehead, under the eyes, around the nose and chin. To set the skin but give a hyper-glowy effect, I used the Translucent Loose Setting Powder GLOW on the high points of the face: the cheekbones, bridge of nose, and cupids bow.
- The next step is adding the bronziness and dimension. This isn’t necessarily a contoured look, but sun-kissed, so I used a fluffy brush to apply the Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Bronzer on the forehead, beneath cheekbones, and jawline (think of creating the shape of a 3 and an E) and a bit of the excess on the nose. On the apples of the cheeks, I used the Laura Mercier Blush Colour Infusion in PEACH.
- To start the eye look, I wanted to keep it smokey but not too dark and really buffed out. I applied the Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerize Cream Shadow in BETTE on the top and bottom lash line and buffed it out. To set the cream shadow, I used the Nars Eyeshadow Duo in ISOLDE, using the deeper shadow all over the lid and lower lash line and the lighter color on the center of the lid. To complete the eye look, curl the lashes then apply a generous dose of the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara to the top and bottom lashes, as well as a tinted brow gel to groom the brows upward and give definition. I love the Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Brow Gel in Linda for Kate – it is the perfect blonde tint.
- To complete the look, I applied the Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk all over the lips and sprayed the skin with the Fresh Vitamin Nectar Face Mist to keep the look dewy and luminous!